Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Sights, The Sounds, The SMELLS!



Rejoice with us!

  • We have arrived safely in East Asia with all of our luggage 
  •  Both the guys and the girls have an apartment with air conditioning
  • Since arriving, we have already met and spent time with over 15 “You” students 
  •  The majority of our friends have good English
  • Language class is off to a great start






We are so thankful that Father has already allowed us to connect (and reconnect!) with so many friends in the short time that we have been here.
On Friday, the guys played volleyball with their friends who brought some girls along. The next day Ryan, Logan, Brandon, and Russ invited us to join them and their friends to meet the girls and play some more volleyball, which was a blast! Our game was interrupted when one of our friends left and came back with some sliced watermelon in honor of Maya and Russ’ birthday. We took a break from the game and savored the delicious treat. Then, we taught everyone how to play Frisbee! By the end of the night, there were about 15 of us just enjoying one another’s company. Needless to say, our friends have shown us much hospitality and Father has poured out His love on us in allowing us to be a part of His work among the nations!

Today, some of the same friends that we played volleyball with took us to go see a famous vacation palace. Their hospitality continued when we would rest from walking and they would pull out many different snacks for us to try, most of which were really delicious! It was a great day for bonding with friends and seeing some of the city. Father continues to shower us with His gifts and with great relationships.

Please lift us up this week:

  • Ask that we would continue to be in good health
  • Ask that Father would remove any language barriers that exist between us and our friends
  •  Ask that Father would give us much time to spend with the friends that we have made as some of them will be heading back home from school in a few weeks
  •  Ask that Father would grant us many opportunities to share the Good News and open hearts for our friends to receive it
  • Each one of us have chosen one thing to lift up for 40 days in hopes of seeing Father move mountains—please ask Him to remind us to PR every day and to answer our requests




Gayle
It’s safe to say that we have hit the ground running since arriving in the city last Thursday. Father has given us a multitude of opportunities to reconnect with old friends, allowed us to make many new ones, as well as provided openings to talk about SP things. This week I had the chance to talk about fasting with a friend and explain how Father has worked in my life through it- she never even knew that we did that and admitted she didn’t even know why cousins do it. Please ask Father for more walls to be knocked down to show her the sweet truth our Brother brings. Also lift up time with a friend who I met two years ago; ask that I would be able to have deeper conversations with her and a good time reconnecting with her.
Shout-outs: 401- we PR for you guys every day! Sw AT- hope you guys are enjoying your time!! Liz- your letters are with me! Family- love you guys!

Maya
This trip has already exceeded all of my expectations! At the first meal we had in the country, I ran into one of my friends, Ziya, that I met here last year and we have since spent time together and grown to be closer friends. While chatting, her and I got on the subject of PR and I was able to share with her some of the things that I PR for and that I had even PRed that I would see her again. This conversation with Ziya, among other things, has shown me the power and importance of PR and how it can draw us into a deeper relationship with Father. Please PR that I would have many more opportunities to share truth with Ziya and with all of the friends that we have made.
Shout-outs! Mom & Dad-love you and miss you guys so much! Rami-Happy belated bday—hope it was great!

Heather
Well this week is coming to an end and Father has already shown me so much. I am learning to love my new friends but also my team members like JC loves me. Things you can PR for are the conversations I will have with friends and time well spent with them. But PR specifically for my friend Sheda that we would be able to bond and have many more conversations this summer and that I would be able to share the Good News with her.
Shout-outs: Mom Happy belated b-day I hope you had a great day! I love and miss you and dad and Jackie, Kelsey, and Rachel!




                                         Russ
Well, it already feels like I’ve been here for weeks because of how busy we’ve been. We have met so many new friends and have had so much fun building relationships with them while showing the love of our Father. This includes introducing them to the “foreign” sport of Frisbee, which is a big hit with our friends. Please continue to lift up our friends and specifically that their hearts would be open to the good news. To my family and friends, I love and miss you all!






Logan
Wow, what a first week filled with new sights, sounds, and especially smells. Father has given us many new friends, too. Opportunities have already come up to talk about deeper things. Please PR that this continues, that Father would work wonders, and that I’d stay close to Him. Mom, dad, grandma, and everybody back home or wherever you’re reading this, I love you all.

Ryan
The people here are so kind, generous and such a joy to be around. We have already made many great friends who love to play sports, which I have no problem with. I am really enjoying my time here especially because of the people that have been placed around me, they are such a gift! Please ask that we would grow closer with our friends and that we would show JC’s love in all situations and that through all of this that we would keep our eyes fixed on Father and we would draw closer to Him. Also please ask that we can have more chances to share the good news.
Shout-outs, Mom, Dad and Tracy I love you and miss you guys, and Jeremy and Ryan I love and miss you guys too!

Brandon
Wow! This place is really different but really neat, and I’m really, really enjoying it! The food is AMAZING and there’s soooo much of it (so don’t worry Mom, I’m eating more than enough).  I’ve already made some really good friends and we’ve had a lot of fun getting to know each other playing sports and eating meals.  Ask Father that we will have more opportunities to share the good news, that Father will be working in the hearts of our friends and giving them dreams, and that we will make the most of every opportunity.  It’s been awesome to see how faithful he has already been in so many things and PR that we will continue to find our joy, rest, hope, and focus in Him. And everybody else is doing shout outs so shout out to the family, Kyrman/Michael, all the Freshmen, and SWAT team if you guys get these. Love you all!


                                    Thank you all for your continued support and PR!