Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Trip Within a Trip…Trip-ception!




Fun times together as a team!
Rejoice with us!
--We’ve had good team bonding time this week
--We have had many opportunities to serve the M’s
--Our whole team has been healthy this week





Scanning over 1500 books into an online library for the M's!







Road construction + rainfall = 2 sunken buses


The guys after a big meal!




As language class comes to a close and most of our friends have gone home for the summer, we have spent a lot of time together as a team this week. Along with visiting many sites and playing lots of games together, it has been encouraging to hear about what Father has been teaching each of us. As the first half of our summer seems to be coming to a close, a new chapter is just beginning to unfold.

On Monday afternoon, we will be traveling west to a different part of the country in order to further immerse ourselves in the culture of the people that we are focused on this summer. We are scheduled to visit 2 different cities and we are all thrilled to see what Father has in store. While we’re there, we are planning on teaching English for a few days and spending the rest of the time PR walking and learning more about the culture. All of the friends that we have spent time with this summer are from this western region so please PR that we will get to see some of them and continue to share truth with them. 

Beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news...Rom. 10:15

Please lift us up this week:
  • Safe travels
  • Ask that Father would give us teachable hearts
  • Continued good health
  • Protection from the enemy
  • Ask that Father would be working in our friends’ hearts even though they are no longer in this city

YUM!



Yes, we all ate scorpions...fried, of course!



















Heather
It’s July and we are getting ready to finish language class and then like mentioned above go out west. This week has been pretty slow because a lot of our friends have gone back home for the summer. But this week Maya, Gayle and I were able to help the M’s out by putting all 1500 of their books in an online library. Also we as a team have had a lot of time to spend together just playing games and reflecting on our summer, and that has been a blessing from Father. PR that our friends who have gone home would remember the stories we were able to tell them and that they would tell their families about those stories. Shout-outs: Happy 4th to all my fellow Americans! Mom and dad, Jackie, Kelsey, and Rachel- I love you and miss you all and can’t wait to talk to you on your Sunday night! 

Gayle
This week has been quite slow relative to other weeks however; Father has shown us that He is still working in and through our team. I was able to hang out with a new friend for 3 hours, granted the first hour was just her talking about how much she disliked her job. I caught myself thinking that this conversation was hopeless then turned to Father to take control over the conversation- the next two hours we sat there and I got to share about fasting, the woman at the well and share about JC (at the end of the night, she said maybe it was Father’s plan that we met…yeah maybe)! If you ever find yourself in a seemingly hopeless situation, turn to Father and allow Him to surprise you!
Shout-outs- Kychelle- give Jude a big hug from me on his 1st bday! While you’re at it, give the Madster a hug too J Mom, Dad, Lisa, and Liz- miss you guys (and Josiah of course…and Edi) Projectors- Miss you girls! Happy 4th! I wish I could give everyone a personal shout-out! Love you all!!

Maya
Although this has not been a typical week for us, Father has been opening my eyes to many things. He is continually challenging me to trust in Him and find my satisfaction in Him alone. Sometimes I tend to think that I know what’s best for my life, but Father has been showing me that His plans for my life are so much greater than anything I could ever imagine for myself. I am unsure of what the future holds, but as long as I am abiding in Father and finding my satisfaction in Him (with the help of the HS, of course), there is nothing I lack. I’m so excited to be a part of the Father’s work and to see the plans that He has for the future, both near and far. 
Shout-outs! Mom I loved the scavenger hunt card! Muah! Dad, I PR for you every day! Ram-can’t wait to go visit you! Love you guys! SWAT, Projectors and HOT—can’t wait to hear how Father has been working in and through you!

Brandon
Most of our friends have left so it's been a slower week but we've had the opportunity to rest, get a lot of much needed quiet time, and do some awesome sightseeing. We only have 1 days left of language class so I’m a little sad to stop going but mostly excited to be done. We’ve played a ton of basketball with one of our friends which has been a blast (check for us on YouTube because we’re always getting recorded) and got to play some ping pong for the first time since we came here.  Though it's been really nice and fun, I can’t wait (Father willing) to get to travel and visit our friends next week and see a whole different part of the region. PR for safety as we travel, that we will be able to meet up with friends, and that the Word will do great things where it went out.
Shout-out to America, Happy Birthday! And Cody, don't forget to get the oil changed on the Volvo. Happy 4th!


Logan
Catching up on rest and catching up with each other seems to be the theme of this week, and it’s been really nice. I’m not exactly happy that most of our friends are gone, but it’s been good to relax a bit, reflect on what’s happened so far, and spend more time with Father. Not all of our friends are gone though. For example, the friend that I mentioned a few weeks ago will be here for as long as we are, so I’m excited to see what else Father will do with that. I’m also excited for our little trip to the Wild West! Thanks for your PR, please continue to PR for my friend that his heart would be open to listening to truth, and for us that we would stay rooted firmly in truth. Mom, Dad, Gramma, Hot, Swat- I’m still lifting all of you up. Tyty, thinking about you, bud. Happy 4th everyone!

Russ
As this week has gone by, it’s been a great time to catch up on physical rest and resting in Father. Since most of our friends have left, we’ve spent most of our time eating with each other or playing basketball for hours at a time with a few friends, which has been a blast. We also got to live the dream of playing ping pong against the locals, where Brandon and I actually held our ground pretty well. It was also refreshing this week to finally see some blue skies and sunshine during the day and moonlight and stars at night, something that has been a rarity while living here. This Monday we’re getting ready to experience a whole new culture, which I’m super excited about. PR that the time we have there will open our eyes to the Father’s heart for people.

Ryan
This week almost all of our friends have left to go back to their homes, so we have had a lot of time to hang out as a group, which has been great! Since we have had a lot of free time we have been playing quite a bit of basketball that of course is a lot of fun.  At the end of this week we will be going into a totally new culture and I am so stoked to go see what its like and see how Father will work. So please PR that Father would continue to be at work in our friend’s lives even if we don’t get the chance to see them. Also PR that Father would continue to grow us closer as a group and that we would grow closer to Him as well.
Shout-outs: Jeremy Happy Birthday! I hope that it’s a great one, open up that card. Mom, Dad I love you both, and everyone have a happy 4th, and set off a few extra fireworks for me!


 
Due to our trip, we will not post a blog entry next week. Check back in two weeks to hear about our time out west. Thank you all for your continued PR! And Happy 4th of July!

For now,
TEA